The MuchMore rockumentary series Metal Evolution by Canadian filmmakers Sam Dunn and Scot McFadyen is a definitive guide to hard, heavy and hairy charting the course of metal from its roots in classical and jazz to its progressive future. Vintage clips and new interviews with Alice Cooper, Slash and others, visits the Marshall amp factory and has Dunn’s brain scanned to see how music affects his brainwaves. 11 part series began Nov 25th. This rockumentary was in response to their 2005 documentary Metal: A Headbanger’s Journey. “Some people said they wished that film was eight hours long.” We have to be careful what we wish for,” says Sam Dunn. Dunn is host, and the duo also won Junos for Iron Maiden: Flight 666 and Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage. Metal Evolution ends February 3rd.
Posted on by skye.sylvain
- He’s a Hollywood cement star
- Slash and Jeff Beck coming to Toronto
- Metal Evolution Rockumentary
- Slash sings O’ Canada tonight, Toronto!
- New book for the New Year
- Hard workin’ band
- New albums for 2012:
- 2012 Junos April 1st in Ottawa
- Rush play only 5 Canadian cities
- School’s out for March break and Alice feels like he graduated
Alice Cooper, guns 'n' roses, Iron Maiden: flight 666, Metal Evolution rockumentary, Metal: a headbanger's journey, MuchMore, rock documentary, rush, rush: beyond the lighted stage, Sam Dunn, Scot McFadyes, skye sylvain, Slash, velvet revolver